29 January, 2007

movin up

Another weekend, another race, rather two more races. This time we went to lovely Cable, WI. More specifically Telemark. Quite a nice ski area I might say. Saturday was a skate race, last week basically all I did was work on technique which if I can get it down will make me a lot faster. So I just relaxed and thought about what I was doing, it paid off and I had one of my best skate races in recent history. I still feel I can go a lot faster too. The only problem was the course. For a little while the trail was nice, no rocks of anything, smooth, that kinda thing. Then for some stupid reason we turned onto a side trail that was crap. Rocks and sticks everywhere, dirt coming up too. There where also some large hills on this loop. On these hills it was really crap since everyone pushes their ski hard into the snow on hills. I was passing a kid going up on of the hills and then I hit a large rock I think and just stopped, not good for my skis or me. Oh well, I survived. All in all I finished just about 20 places higher in the skate race this weekend compared to last. It was pretty much the same people too. Things are lookin up.
Sunday was the classic race, since there was not enough snow to track a big loop, we just did a 2.2 km loop 6 times. The course was a good one, went up for nearly a km then back down. then up a short steep hill then some flat then up again. Since it was such a long downhill after the first uphill I just hammered it up and rested on the way down. My plan worked quite well and I got back the title of fastest classicer at olaf. wahoo. I also moved about 15 places up overall as well. I guess I am remembering how to ski. Also my place on the team for the trip out to Colorado has been secured. Sweet, a free trip!

my upper body looks ridiculously small, haha.
This week we have off before we start the regular semester. The team was going to go to Giants ridge, but we decided to stay in Duluth for free. All the people are staying at Lunds which means my house is nice and quite. HA!

No comments: