10 March, 2007

A bit more

On Thursday we had a rest day, it was quite nice. We tested kick wax a lot, but since it was snowing whatever we tested was not going to be great for today (because of the sun). But at least we laid out some wax that might work.
Today was the classic race, of 8.5 (or supposed to be) km. Somehow I was the first starter, which is never and advantage, much better to start about 1/4 of the way back or so. We had decent kick wax, but I made some tactical errors. I went out way to hard, by the time that I got to the backside of the hill I was getting tired. I just pushed it as hard as I could to the line, at which I was really quite tired. At the end of the race (after all were done), I was 5th overall. I also had the fastest half way split, but its the end that matters...

Tomorrow is the relay, then early Sunday we go back to Olaf. I really would enjoy staying out here a bit longer, but alas school calls. And on a better note the bike!
Back to skiing, overall this week I finished 4th, which is pretty good. I am pleased. I beat Nels by 1 point. wahoo!

The podium
By Winter Park
Right outside our lodge.
Snow in the mountains.
Klister and powder don't mix.

No comments: