20 March, 2007

You may have noticed

the name change. I did that because I felt it was a bit more fitting. Since I am usually babbling about athletic endeavors, I decided the title might as well show that. After all, its not all about the bike, just mostly...
Yesterday was a perfect example of the new title. We had a massive turnout of 8 people, and a 25 mph northwest wind. We took the first 10 miles pretty easy, then Brandon decided to do an interval and I joined him. I sat on for the downhill then moved up at which point he said in a condescending tone that intervals are not for drafting, of course it depends on what type of interval you are doing. So I just moved over and kept pace into the wind. I was good to go hard again. After that we waited until everyone caught up. Soon enough it was time to go with the wind. Brandon again took off and I went and caught up to him. He said some negative words (which he later apologized for, which is good), but anyway we traded off pulling this time and we flew. I went up a pretty large hill in top gear, top! I bet we never dropped below 30. After that we slowed up, waited. Once everyone else caught up Mark decided he wanted to blow some steam off, so I just followed him taking a pull now and then. A few minutes later he sat up and I did too, Brandon kept going which I did not really care about. A minute or two later I realized the town line was fast approaching, and picked it back up. I brought the gap down a bit at first, but then after that it remained exactly the same for the entire 2 miles to the town sign. Which I guess is not to bad.
At this point everyone except me went back to campus. I kept going to get in another 40 minutes. I went over to a crit course I made up freshman year. I did that hard times, it burned. My pedaling had felt a bit off all day, So at this point I raised my seat about 5mm. It made a huge difference and my pedaling felt much better. Hopefully it will make a difference in speed too.
Overall a good ride, with lots of burning. Racing is here!
Also Sean and I were told we were hosting a race on April 14th. We were going to do the Sogn course as usual around here, but that would be expensive and lots of work for us. So we are going piggy back on the Oxbow race near Rochester. Only 3 miles of the course are on pavement, the rest gravel. I am pumped, some are not. We are also hosting a TTT, that on the other hand will all be on pavement...

No comments: