28 March, 2007

Oh hill...

It has been decided, because much whining from some teams, that the race Sean and I were going to piggy back our race on the 14th on will not happen. So I designed my own course, and hey it still has some gravel. Here is the course profile.

This course is going to be very hard. Each lap is 8.77 miles and has 715 feet of climbing. A will be doing 6 laps. Do the math...
After the race there will also be a TTT on nearly as hilly of a course. People will be hurting a lot.

Because of this new course I decided I needed to work on my climbing today. So for the first time in way to long I went out and did hill repeats. One hill was right around 3 minutes long. I did that one 4 times. Then a short steep hill once. Then an 8 min 30 sec hill thrice. The last 8 min hill was by far the best. I was able to drop 14 seconds from the 2nd time up that hill even with dropping my chain. Maybe just maybe I can climb again. After that I cruised all the way to downtown Duluth and did the fabled Lake Ave. Climb. Very steep and slow, but I felt strong going up. Even with all the climbing I did today I was still 200 feet short of what the race will be...

Hopefully the weather will not be crappy like it is supposed to tomorrow, then I can do a nice long ride.

Also I need to sell my current sunglasses, they are in great shape with multiple lenses. E-mail me if you are interested. And I might as well add I have a large craft ski/bike jacket I need to sell as well. Quite nice.

No comments: