10 April, 2007

The weather

has been quite strange these last few weeks. Ever since the first day of spring break, where there were record highs set all over the state, the temp was dropping. by last Wednesday the high was 26 and it was 30 mph NW winds, which means it was really cold. By Easter it had gotten all the way back up to 40 degrees. It seems it is again taking a turn for the worse, as I look outside and see snow falling at 41 degrees?

Anyway, because of the cold last week I cut back a bit from my original training plan. One day I simply rode to the shop because the wind blew me there, I stayed there all day and worked on bikes so I did not have to go back into the wind. The next day I rode my cross bike in the woods once in the morning and once at night. Both for 90 minutes. During the evening ride I was out on a gravel road and came across a house with 3 fast dogs, I managed not to get eaten, only to end up at another house with 2 more fast dogs. Somehow I got away from them too. On the way back (I decided to run the gauntlet again) I was all ready to put the hammer down, but the dogs never came out. The next day Sean and I rode the same road, the dogs were missing. Kinda disappointing, it would make for a good sprint workout, just going back and forth in front of those houses.
Other news:
Easter was good, 15 people and two dogs came to my house, and we all ate good food. Thanks mom and dad.
The race organization is pretty much done, now it just has to happen. Hopefully everything will run smoothly.
See the race flyer here, come and watch if you can.
Finally on that last post, could anyone tell me if "The Professor" is real or just a computer?

1 comment:

Sean Noonan said...

yeah, thanks to the Boyces and Langleys. MMM MMM.

Sean