22 December, 2006

40 seconds of fun

Last night a few of my friends and I went and played some pick-up hockey at a local rink. There were a bunch of people there who I assume are on or had been on the high school team. They are thought they were great, but were really not that good. For not having played since last Christmas break I and the others did quite well.

Today was "season pass holder appreciation day" up at spirit mountain. Since one of the guys I was playing hockey with has a pass he invited me along. So I brought the snowboard out after quite a few years in storage. I went with some of my oldest friends up there, it was great to hang out with them again, I even got invited to go climb some mountains after j-term. I think I just might.
But anyways, Spirit Mountain is a lot smaller and more boring than I remember. Long lines, short hills. We timed a downhill, it was 40 seconds long. Then probably 5 minutes up. Lame. I also did not find snowboarding nearly as fun as it used to be. Therefore I want to sell my snowboards. So if you know anyone who is in the market, Ive got a smaller board with smaller boots. What size im not sure. and a bigger board with 9.5 boots. The bigger stuff was used only one season so it is in great shape, but really I need money and having a snowboard I dont use is unnecessary. Contact me somehow if you want it, or know of others who do.

No comments: