15 December, 2006

A green December

Finals have begun, for most people. I don't have anything due until Saturday, and no test until Monday. No better way to blow some time then by riding bikes. Plus the weather is not normal December. It was nearly 50 today and was 40 something yesterday. See what noaa says for the rest of the week. Yesterday we (Brandon, Finn and I) went riding. Finn said we should meet at 1:00. Brandon and I were there, but Finn was 20 minutes late...We went west instead of the normal southerly start, off across the mighty 35. When we were over there Brandon made a new friend.

However, Finn kept his distance.

We then continued cruising and eventually turned and got a tail wind all the way home. It was a good 2 hour 20 minutes or so.

Last night/earlyish morning there was a meteor shower. One website said it would be best view at 6 a.m. I got up to view it, but
Fog, can't see much through that.

So I went back to bed for a bit. Once I woke up I decided to go bike before it became windy like noaa suggested. So I took off in the 45 degree morning with wet roads. I had a great time just cruisin, for the first part I was going into a mild head wind, about at the point I turned around the wind really picked up. That made me quite happy. When traveling at around 30 km/h, there was no headwind. It was great. It ended up being just under 2 hr 30.
On to the green December, here are some pictures of selected green spots from the past two days.


Still don't believe in global warming? It does not take a scientist to figure out that this is not normal...

Just before dinner my faith in mankind (at least Minnesotans) was restored. I opened up a copy of the Star Tribune and found this poll.

What should be done to keep people off the ice?
69% Chalk it up to natural selection and just let them be (Finally! people are fun.)
16% Arrest them for public endangerment (Lame)
15% It's every Minnesotan's right to test the ice when he or she sees fit(Strange)





No comments: