10 December, 2006

Spring already?

A nice early day starting at 4:55 A.M. my favorite. Then it was off to Hyland Park for the first ski since West and the first race of the year. It was only a 4kmx2 person relay with 2km then switch off. I started for my team and I got the hole shot somehow? and lead the race for most of the first lap. Then I got tired and slowed down. Ha. But for the first time skiing in 3 weeks Id say it went fairly well. Oh the course sucked. The big hill in the race was at nearly 45 degrees sideways and up, well not really but close. That was really annoying, but I only had to do it 4 times.

If you cant win at the end, why not at the start?
The sideways hill.


ski jumping. to bad Jens filmed it sideways...

After the race the team went to Jennies house for hot tub and pancakes. As soon as I got back to Olaf I dressed for biking and was off on this day of 50 degrees! Crazy, its the middle of December and 50. What the heck. Anyways Brandon and I rode with some of the guys from the Northfield bike club. We went to Fairbault, visited Ben, then cruised off into the fields again. It was quite a delightful ride, and made me very happy. Here are some photos. Oh I also saw seans new bike but decided against posting a picture of it.

The temp in Fairbault at 1:00
The fields of brown
Front of my bike
Explain please...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hate you
where's my bike?

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the spin with you guys. Rich and Patric got lost tho - you have to watch them every minute.

drs