16 December, 2006

Finals are fun

I am actually serious. Finals week is a great time. No class, a little bit of papers or studying here and there. But in generally there is not really that much to do, as long as you have been paying attention in class and all, youll do fine. I also enjoy watching the masses flip out about everything. Since there is so much excess time, finding time to ride is quite easy. With this weather its a must.
Today after handing in my German paper, I saw the Northfield guys rolling out. I thought about hurrying to get ready, but decided against that. I just took my time, it was cloudy at that point, so I had no idea of how long my ride would be. About 20 minutes after starting out going west (into a mostly head wind, it was SW then) the clouds cleared and it got nice and sunny. Soon the wind that there was dropped off a bit too, it was nearly calm and nearly 50. I just kept going, it was great. I think I almost got the 4 corners of rice county, I at least hit all the big cities. All in all it ended up being a 4.5 hour ride of just under 120 km. I feel great right now, not tired at all.
I wonder how much longer this weather will last. I have mixed feelings, yeah it makes biking easy. But no snow? In winter in MN? depressing...It either needs to stay warm without snow, or be cold but with snow. Cold without snow just sucks.

No comments: