06 December, 2006

breaking the ice

After an hour on the indoor bike I was too bored to continue, indoor biking sucks. Work so hard to get nowhere. Since dad brought down a bunch of skates last weekend, and one of the Olaf pond had decent ice last friday, I decided to go see if it were skatable. I walked around on it taking pictures and checking the ice for quite a while, then went and got my skates. It was definatley a good idea, and I will be out there tomorrow at sometime. There was some guy who stopped down, so maybe there will be a pickup hockey game or something.
I guess one good thing came out of having no snow and cold weather, the ice is quite smooth and very clear. I could see the bottom in lots of places, at one point I chased some kind of mammal that was swimming under the ice, that was entertaining. I am not sure if I am supposed to be there or not. I think it is part of the wildlife "preserve," all the more reason to enjoy it. ha. I was also the first person this year to skate on it, I would bet I am one of the first to ever skate on it too. Although can't be sure of that...




My skating companion, I think maybe he was watching fish. He was out there for quite a while.

i kinda figured out videos, but this one is the only one working right now of the ice, and its not the good one. but it does show the smoothness a little. Ill put the better one up when it works...

No comments: